Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lord's Day

Follow Nancy Harbron & Jana Treadway on a NCCOC Global Missions trip to Africa!

11/13/11 DAY 3: We're in Kigali


From Jana:

We had a great trip, minus some heavy turbulence from NJ to Brussels. I loved the smell of cooking fires when we arrived in Kigali and walked to the terminal. I knew I was back home on my second continent! It was a sweet reunion with Louise and her youngest son, Trevor. I briefly got to say hi to Dave and Jana Jenkins at the airport before they whisked Nancy off! I am looking forward to seeing them again this morning at CCR. I stayed up way too late catching up on the rest of Louise's family, her husband Marty and her other three sons- Tucker, Taylor, and Tanner. They return from a Boy Scouts camping trip this afternoon so I'm looking forward to seeing them as well.

This morning, Louise, Trevor and I are going to one of their newest ministries- Hope House- a ministry for street boys. on Sunday mornings, they have the boys come and give them a clean set of clothes and boil a big pot of water to wash the ones they leave for the week. The clothes have to be boiled due to lice and scabies that are a part of living on the streets. Just like the Breaking Chains ministry, a lot of these boys are glue sniffers and live on the trash dump. While they are there, they also can take a shower and eat a meal. Hope House is a residence that is currently supporting 11 boys who were the most desperate. I am looking forward to meeting them and helping with the clothes washing.  After that, we will go to second service at CCR to meet up with Nancy and the Jenkins. We will have lunch with them.
I'm so thankful to be here and see the many ways God is leading his people to minister to the least of these!
Thanks for your prayers. Hope to have some pictures for later.
Hope you all have a blessed Lord's Day!
Love,
Jana

From Nancy:
We made it to Kigali!!   We had a safe and good trip. I am staying with the Jenkins and an visiting with them now.  Jana is staying with her old team mates, the Koonce's.  They both met us at the airport...and yes, all of our luggage made it.  Tomorrow we will be going to both services where the Jenkin's worship.  I will be teaching about God the Master Potter with the potter's wheel.  The wheel that I will be using is the one Dave had made for me 10 years ago in Uganda.  I did not bring my wheel as I thought I would because Dave found the old wheel and Isaac found a wheel to rent in Kampala.  God is good! 
We don't have many options for internet here in Rwanda.  Wi-Fi is not so popular...But I will do my best to provide daily updates.
Many Blessings to all of you.  Thank again for your prayers.
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment